Over 22 veterans a day are lost to suicide, which is now the leading cause of death in the military, surpassing war. Over 3,000 Pit Bulls are killed every day. APBF is the first organization to bridge the gap and exclusively train rescued pit bulls as service dogs to help our veterans overcome the daily struggle of PTSD and depression. We can only offer this service with your help – your donations and volunteer time.
Please get involved – here’s how:
- Join our campaign #standwiththe22 to decrease that number of 22 suicides until there are none. It’s built with budgeted giving in mind and though it may seem small, makes a huge impact on our abilities to help those in need. Due to the unaffordability of needed service dogs, sometimes upwards of $30,000, we are dedicated to providing these services to veterans at no cost.
- Share this link on Facebook and ask your friends to share: https://americanpitbullfoundation.com/os
- Get involved! Send us your information using the form below
Follow Operation Sidekick on Instagram – @operation_sidekick
Watch Our Seed20 Operation Sidekick Video
Final Night Presentation
Operation Sidekick Promotional Postcard
We created these cards to help spread the word about Operation Sidekick. They are postcard size which makes them perfect for transporting.
Please feel free to print these cards and distribute them at your favorite restaurants, coffee shops or any other hotspots you can think of!
Make a Donation
Your donation will help with:
- Dog Training
- Vaccinations & Medications
- Veteran & Minor Approvals
- Vet Bills
- Promotional Materials
Sidekick Puppy Socializer
Become a Sidekick Puppy Socializer and Work Hands-on With the Dogs
Become a Socializer
Emergency Resources for Veterans
Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
24/7 Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 and press “1” or go online www.veterancrisisline.net to chat 1-to-1 with a counselor or text 838255.
Get Professional Help for PTSD: http://www.ptsd.va.gov/PTSD/public/where-to-get-help.asp